LOCATION: Yallingup, Western Australia
PROJECT TYPE/SERVICES: Luxury Residential/Full Architectural Service
FLOOR AREA: 500 square metres
This architect designed home was completed in 2012. It is a large luxury home for a family consisting of a middle aged couple and four children of different ages. The project is located on a beautiful sloping site in the Millbrook Estate, Yallingup.
To design a spectacular weekender, short term luxury rental and future residence for a rural, steeply sloping, bushfire prone and high clay content site with its best views looking west.
We came up with an ultra simple, ultra minimal, elegant L- shaped plan that embraced the building envelope and physically locked in to and floated above the landscape.
• large concrete rainwater tank hidden beneath the double garage.
• living areas on the upper level with bedrooms on the lower level to maximise views.
• back-to back double fireplaces that heat both the inside and outside lounge areas.
• covered alfresco deck with built-in kitchen connecting to a separate studio/library.
• fully retractable all weather external venetian blinds to the west elevation.
• kitchen and butler’s pantry designed with the help of Must Wine Bar’s Russell Blaikie.